The Sechelt Seniors Activity Centre (SSAC) is a bustling and vibrant hub for its diverse and engaged membership. This integral and mighty organization is seeking a Part-time Centre Coordinator to support the Board of Directors and the membership in their Sechelt, BC location.
As a key employee, you will be responsible for managing a front office, dealing with a busy reception area, and working with volunteers and board members. Day-to-day you will be undertaking routine administrative and managerial responsibilities such as membership applications, dealing with Activity Coordinators and supporting the various needs and priorities of the Centre, the Board, and the Membership. Reporting to the President of the Board of Directors, your main goal is to manage the Centre’s day to day operations so that the Board can focus on the Governance and the Vision of the Centre.
The Responsibilities You’ll Undertake:
- Manage the volunteer cadre:
- Outreach to new volunteers
- Recruit and assess skills of volunteers
- Develop training plans for volunteers and train all volunteers on processes, procedures, computers etc…
- Schedule and manage the volunteer cadre on a day-to-day basis
- Support Activity Leaders in scheduling and meeting their responsibilities
- Design and establish the processes and procedures – with board review and input.
- Community Outreach for events, volunteers, etc.
- Review pricing of activities and make recommendation to the board.
- Using the computer – updating databases
- Reviewing all forms in current use and cull/update
- Track all regularly scheduled maintenance such as annual inspections, etc.
The Skills You Bring:
First and foremost, you are an adept people-person who enjoys relating to a diverse membership. You are an excellent listener, patient, a problem identifier, and solution finder. You are proactive, take initiative, exceptionally organized and can work independently. You offer the ability to, make good decisions, juggle changing priorities, and manage your own deadlines, time, and budgets. You possess a strong sense of personal integrity and ethical practices.
You have at least two years’ experience as a Project Administrator, Coordinator, or similar role. You also have experience working with a Board of Directors preferably in a non-profit environment. You are comfortable with computer systems, have experience reviewing and writing policy, and proposals.
This is a part-time role and the number of hours per week is negotiable, but you should be able to be in the Centre Monday through Friday. There is a possibility of this role growing over time into a more senior position with more hours – possibly even full-time. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a respected and fun organization with strong community ties. The SSAC offers a value driven work environment, the opportunity to make an impact, competitive compensation, and the chance to make this role your own.
If this sounds like the position for you, we would love to hear from you. Please respond with a résumé and covering letter indicating your ideal working hours to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 2, 2021.
Praxis Recruitment is located on the Sunshine Coast in beautiful British Columbia. With our depth of experience and our belief in the unlimited potential of a well formed team, we take the time to get to know our clients and candidates. Focused on fit, we work with organizations who know that their greatest resource is their team.